Sunday, February 14, 2010

Twin Peaks Ultra

I have run two marathons in my life and as long as my health and knees hold up, I hope to run many more. However, my ultimate goal is to run at least one ultra race, a 50K. Since I was not in the shape necessary to run a 50K this year, I volunteered for the Twin Peaks Ultra 50K & 50M.
This was the first race I have ever volunteered for. It was so much fun. When I got to the race I was tasked to hand out the medals and pull the runners tags when they crossed the finish line. Watching each person cross the finish line made me yearn to run this race. I have never ran close to the mileage they completed and I was in awe at each person who crossed the finish line. To run a 50K or 50M you have to be so strong mentally and physically. I will defiantly volunteer for more ultras. I think the next time I volunteer I want to be stationed at an aid station to cheer on the runners while they are coming through.

GREAT JOB RUNNERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment