Sunday, April 11, 2010

We're having a Boy!

On April 6th, I had my first ultrasound appointment. By my calculations I was 17w 5d on the day of the ultrasound. We got into the tech's room and she turned the lights down, put the wand on my belly and quickly lifted it. She stated, "I already know what you're having. Would you like to know?" I replied, "YES!" She placed the wand back on my belly, I looked up to the screen and there was no need to say a word our son was doing a full head stand with his legs wide apart. He is not a shy boy AT ALL! I heard her say, "It's a BOY. Congratulations." All his measurements were either right on my anticipated due date or measuring a little larger (18w 2d). His heart, kidneys and brain looked fantastic but the shot that always amazes me is the spine. It is amazing how perfect his spine looks. We were even able to count his fingers and toes :)

I have to share a little secret: I have to admit I was beyond thrilled to be having another little boy for two reasons; 1) I know how to be a mom to a boy 2) Brian and I will be trying for baby # 3 (when the time is right). You see if this baby had been a girl Brian was ready to stop. He wanted a 4 family household. I on the other hand have always wanted more than 2 children so 3 was my compromise.

This little boy is already so loved and wanted. I am happy to say this pregnancy has been going rather smoothly and we are very excited to meet our little boy in 21 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment