Friday, June 10, 2011

Trip to Texas

My husband is from Texas and 95% of his family still resides there.  Therefore, we try to make it back at least once a year.  It was important to us to get back soon because the boys great grandfather is there and we wanted him to meet Greyson and see how big Cole is getting.  We decided to make the trip Easter week.  Flying with three kids (my husband counts as a child when flying) and myself was not as easy as flying with just one.  Man, it was work!  Cole didn't want to be strapped down and I had to bribe him with chips, candy, coke, I tried money but that doesn't work yet, and anything else not strapped to the plane.  Brian was so nervous keeping the plane in the air (with his mind) that he was almost deemed useless and Greyson just wanted to nurse.  When we landed I wanted to kiss the ground! 

It was a wonderful weekend filled with Easter Egg hunts, touring of Dallas Stadium, lots of spoiling from grand parents, aunts, uncles and cousins, good food and company.  I wish we lived closure to to his Texas family.  We miss them already and I am planning a trip hopefully before the end of the year.

Here are some pictures of our visit.
Look mom, I see our plane
Getting ready to board his first plane ride.

Getting ready to go on his first big boy ride


PawPaw playing catch with Cole at Dallas Stadium

Love this picture! 

4 Generations of Stevens at their favorite sports venue

Cole throwing a football to daddy

Greyson playing in the foam legos

Cowboy Stadium lockroom.  Maybe we have a future Dallas Cowboy?!?!?!

One of my all time favorite pictures!! Daddy and Cole feeding the cat fish off the Grapevine Lake


Proud grandparents!

Happy Easter

time for a little swim

Cole and Greyson helping PawPaw blow out his candles celebrating his 90th birthday

   

No comments:

Post a Comment