Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weight Loss and Marathon Update

After I had Greyson I had a goal of loosing weight and running a marathon.  I am happy to report today I have accomplished both goals!  (original post: http://stevensfamily07.blogspot.com/2010/10/let-running-begin.html)I weighed 184lbs the day I went into labor and my goal weight was 140lbs.  8.5 months later, I am there (okay, I'm 2lbs away but I'm still rejoicing).  I did nothing other than run to loose the weight.  I tried to give up soda and after a month of no soda and no weight loss, I thought why the hell am I giving this up when it makes no impact on my weight loss journey so soda creeped back into my diet.  I am still exclusively nursing so I do not plan to loose anymore weight but after I'm done nursing I will start weight training and toning things up.

MARATHON UPDATE
I DID IT!  MARATHON NUMBER THREE is checked off the bucket list.   I was lucky enough to run the race with a life long friend, H, who I have known since the 4th grade.  We grew up playing chase, running around the neighborhood so we figured why not add a marathon to our list of things we've done together.  H did a fantastic job.  I tried to prepare him for the mental aspect of running a marathon but I'm afraid my warnings weren't truly understood till we were on mile 18.  At mile 18 H needed to stop due to being dizzy (not a good symptom to have in a 26.2 mile run).  He laid down, had some ice chips, a salt packet and a long talk with himself.  After 10 minutes, I was so proud to see him stand up and say let's do this!  I think in that moment he learned a lot about himself.  I've had that moment in my past marathons and to be honest it is THAT moment that has me running more.  I love learning more about myself and what I can accomplish when I put my mind to something.  I am so proud we crossed the finish line together holding our hands high and rejoicing.  It was an experience I'll never forget.

I plan on running the Long beach Marathon in October 2011.  My goal for that race is to get under 5hr.  I'm taking a week off of training then I'm hitting the trails again :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love to run?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment