Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Marthon

I ran my first marathon in San Diego 3 years ago. After this race I WAS HOOKED! The emotions you encounter during the 26.2 miles are all over the spectrum. I laughed, cried, sang aloud, hated myself, loved myself, thought of people I'd lost touch with, thought of my proudest moments, my husband and so many more things...there are 26.2 miles so I had a lot of time to reflect/think :) The one emotion and I think the most important is the sense of accomplishment you feel when crossing the finish line. The sense that I was strong enough to push myself that hard and to keep moving one foot in front of the other made me feel incredible. However, when I got pregnant with Cole I hung up my running shoes and pulled out my walking shoes. Since Cole, I have been running but nothing serious. Several times a week I try to run 2-3 miles. I think it is time to stop making excuses and get back on track with my running. My goal is to run another marathon in 3 months. This week I have begun my training and I am excited for this journey. I will work on my time and hopefully I can come in somewhere in the 4 hour mark.

1 comment:

  1. love love love your blog! love his halloween outfit - the golfer - great idea and soooo cute! makes me want to go out and buy some cute outfits for truman - if you see any bowties out there - polka dot ones, let me know - i can't believe you labored till 7:30 pm! wowser. where did you find the scooter for cole - the red fold up one? i think truman needs one

    ReplyDelete