Friday, December 25, 2009

First Christmas

I grew up in a house that each kid had at least 30 presents under the tree for them at Christmas! This is not including the items in the over flowing stocking :) Christmas was something I looked forward to each year, year round! I decided that I want my family to have a fun Christmas BUT I do not want to make Christmas about presents. Therefore, we decided a handful of gifts would more than enough. I bought Cole the items that Brian and I discussed and I was done before Thanksgiving. As Christmas drew near, I kept receiving large boxes of gifts from his many grandma's and grandpa's. I was overwhelmed by the love. By the time Christmas came around my simple Christmas was gone :) We are very blessed to have our extended family love our son so much!!
On Christmas Eve, we had a small family dinner at our house with my mother, MIL, FIL, Brian, and I. I grew up with a tradition of opening 1 present on Christmas Eve and I want to pass this tradition onto my kids. The present was always a pair pj's that we wore to bed and woke up on Christmas morning wearing.
On Christmas morning Cole and Brian slept in. Once Cole decided to wake up (close to 9am) he opened his presents. I had always heard children Cole's age want more to do with the wrapping paper and boxes then the gift...not my son, he wanted his toys and FAST! If daddy didn't open the packaging fast enough Cole made it known he was NOT impressed. We spent an hour opening our the many gifts. Some of the gifts received were a tonka tow truck, lots of Lego's, pull toys, a toy mailbox, puzzles, balls and lots of TRUCKS!
Our first Christmas as a family was amazing. We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment