Friday, January 1, 2010

Family Day

Something that is very important to me is creating and having Family Days. To me, a Family Day is doing something out of the everyday hustle and bustle of life. For example, painting a room with dad, creating a garden, going sledding, going to the park, the zoo or the beach...anything as long as you're together with no phones and just each other! I know this sounds silly but I think is important to circle back and reconnect with our loved ones.
This past week we spent our Family Day at the beach. The weather was in the high 70's and we couldn't resist. We had a great lunch at the beach. Getting outside and spending the day with my family is so refreshing. It helps ground me. After our lunch we stripped Cole down put on his bathing suit and let him play in the sun, surf and sand. I am so blessed to have these two amazing men in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment