Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekly Writing Challenge

When I first was pregnant with Cole I freaked out. I did my fair share of babysitting as a young girl but I didn't know how to be pregnant, how to prepare for a baby and what changes were about to happen in my marriage. Needless to say, I was terrified! I started doing research on the Internet and I found a website that had a wealth of pregnancy knowledge, support groups and much more! I joined this website and found a group that seemed perfect, I joined the Dec 08 Moms Group. This group of women were from all over the world and they were facing the same joys, fears, questions that I had. We spent 9 months helping one another, giving advice, providing support and being non judgemental. We've had the heated vaccinations debate, the circumcision debate, the political debate and religious debate but through all these conversations we have kept it civil. They were there to support me and I was there to support them. After our children began to arrive I was worried we would loose contact. This fear was quickly squashed when I saw a core group of woman hung around. We no longer were giving pregnancy support but baby support and 1 year later we no longer have babies but toddlers. These women have become a huge part of my life. I may never meet most of them in person but I will always be forever grateful for their unconditional love, support and friendship.

How does this post relate to my title, well there is a mom in my group who has a blog I follow. She has put out a challenge to her blog followers to write 1 post a week for a month. I am always up for a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Becky! I completely agree with what you said. This definitely has been a great two years, getting to know all of you. Before too long, we will be seeing our teenagers go to the prom. Trust me, it goes TOO quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Becky! you are great at challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! I too can not believe how fast the time has gone, and I love that we have stuck around! I was actually looking threw the old posts on Babyfit and noticed you have your blog on your signature line. So here I am :)

    ReplyDelete