Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let the walking begin :)

Cole has been able to stand and cruise along furniture for at least 3 months. He has been able to stand unassisted and take a few steps for about a month. He never wanted to take more than 3 steps at a time and I was OK with that. The fact that he started crawling at 5 and 1/2 months and going up stairs at 6 months, I was in rush for a walker. We worked with Cole on walking but never pushed him. Well on 1/22, Cole started walking around the house. He'd fall on occasion but instead of crawling to his final destination he'd stand back up and walk some more. The first day of this was full of falls by day two we had less falls and by day three I hardly saw him fall. He isn't running yet but he can move pretty dang fast. Along with walking he has discovered he has soul. This boy LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to shack it! Any form of music gets his feet and hands moving.

I am having fun watching him explore his world from a new vantage point. I am very proud of my son and can't wait for the next phase in his growth, which I am assuming is talking. Let's just hope he takes after his father in talking rather his mother. I've been known to talk a little too much :)

I just want to gooble him up!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I love the talking, it is so fun to try to decode what they are saying :)

    ReplyDelete