Saturday, November 13, 2010

32nd Birthday!

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday and it was a perfect day! 
My day started off like any normal day, me hanging out with my boys.  I have so much fun with Cole and Greyson. They are my world bring so much joy to my life.  Anyways, my mother came over around 1ish to see the boys, allow me to go on a birthday with (w/ no kids) and to have a girls night in eating Mexican food and watching chick flicks with her since Brian had to work late.  Around 3 there was a knock at the door with a man holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers (see picture...the flowers are taller than Cole).  I sent Brian a text thanking him and asking if he'd be home before midnight (no execration on the time).  He replied, "no, I'm coming home early. I'm taking you to dinner."  This was really unexpected!!  I was thrilled.  I asked my mom if she knew about this and was that why she really showed up on my doorstep. She just smiled and nodded.  My mother is WONDERFUL!!  I hurried up and feed Greyson, got dressed for a run and went 3.2 miles in 37 minutes.  I get home, jump in the shower and as I was getting ready there was a knock at the door.  I answer it and two really good friends of mine are there with birthday cake in hand.  A and O are so great and they made a perfect day even better!!  Brian got home around 7ish and we enjoyed two hours out at a nice restaurant talking, laughing, eating and I even indulged in a nice glass of wine (my first in over a year).   We started out in bed with only the two of us but by midnight all four of us were crammed into a queen size bed. As I was listening to Brian, Zabdack (sleeping under the bed), Cole and Greyson snoring I couldn't help but smile and thank God for blessing me with such an amazing bunch of boys!  I couldn't imagine my night ending in any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment