Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving up soda

After I was cleared to start working out again I thought great the extra 10lbs are just going to melt away.  I would start running, doing the elliptical, lunges, squats and crunches. Well, the extra 10lbs didn't melt away and getting time to workout isn't as easy as it was pre kids.  I started to think of other areas I could control to help my weight and waist line drop and I decided soda was what needed to go.  I was told that I should see a difference after 7 days.  I am currently going into day 5.    

Day 1 - HUGE headache but didn't miss soda at all
Day 2 - Minor headache and missed soda when we went out to dinner
Day 3 - No headache but man I wanted a soda so bad!
Day 4 - Headaches are completely gone.  I was tempted to have a soda with lunch but I drank water instead. 

I've made it half way so no turning back now (I hope).  I haven't seen a difference in my weight but I have noticed my tummy is a little flatter.  I need to see a significant difference for me to give up soda for more than a week.

So far, this sucks!  I'd be lying if I said I don't miss soda, specifically Mountain Dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment